Sunday, January 6, 2013

Good samaritan@Chennai airport named Shaktivel

It was early this morning when I arrived at Chennai International airport by Indigo airlines from Dubai.
The flight, as usual, keeping to Indigo times arrived earlier @350 hours.  The rituals of early morning waking up followed quickly. After deboarding and clearing immigration,   I left my wallet containing credit cards and some money in the toilet  as the mind was not yet functional  at the wee hours!  When I realised that I had left my wallet in the toilet, I ran to the chamber that I had used only to find the wallet missing.  My heart stopped beating for a while thinking about the procedures to block at least 2 credit and 2 debit cards besides the driving license that had become part of my travel to convince the security staff at he airport gates  about my genuineness!!

I rushed to the officer -in - charge of the customs in the central hall.  I panicked and expressed my anguish to the officer and his staff.  There was this person named G Suresh, P R O with the customs who was trying to reach me on my mobile number that they discovered from my wallet.  The gentleman officer made me calm and even offered a glass of water and a chair to sit.  He called this good Samaritan named Shaktivel who happens to be a technical staff to start and stop the conveyor belt operations who had spotted my wallet in the toilet and promptly handed over the same to the Customs commissioner.  I had nothing but appreciation for this great human being who did not get tempted to commit a wrong thing seeing my wallet in the toilet and without any claimant?  I rewarded him as a token of appreciation for being a kind hearted gentleman!!

I have reasons to believe that there are many good hearted persons in our society and it is because of these persons that our society is able to stand tall holding on to values and virtues!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment