Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Power of Love that can bring you back to the person loving you?





I boarded Shatapdi Express on the 10th morning to get back to my home and work place at Chennai.  The train left the cantonment station exactly on dot at 6.10 am.  The journey was very pleasant and more delightful when the Railways served as corn flakes and milk followed by a hot cup of Tea/coffee.  The train journey was enjoyable and I did not realise that we were In Jolarpettai by 8 am.  More than 30 minutes passed and the train was grounded.  There was an announcement through the Public Address system in the station that the train will not move forward towards the destination as a derailment had occurred near Arakkonam through which Shatabdi had to pass.  Further, the announcement said that the delay could be at least 3 hours and more!!  Going by the standards of such statements in the past, I felt that the delay could be at least 6 hours and more and realised that there was no point in spending time sitting within the train.  I ventured out of the station to see if I could manage some Taxi or any other transport to get back to my destination.  To my amazement, I figured at least 500 people on the road outside the station trying their best to get hold of any form of transport to reach their destination that was 200 kms plus away!  There were a couple of Auto-rikshaws and 3-4 private cars surrounded by hundreds of people trying to win their luck!  I decided to wait for a while until the anxiety subsides.  Suddenly, there was yet another exodus of people swarming out of the station and this time Lalbagh express jettisoned its passengers in hundreds!!  I realised it was futile to spend time and energy standing outside the station at Jolarpettai.

Luck smiled upon me when I found a train steaming in from the opposite direction and heading towards Bangalore.  I rushed to the ticket counter and got a ticket for Bangalore.  Within minutes, the train moved and I got back to Bangalore in a couple of hours.

When I booked my train ticket, my son and daughter-in-law were  not too happy to let me go so soon and  wanted me to stay for a longer time.  I cited reasons that compelled me to return to Chennai and promised to come back at the soonest and never did I realise that the term"soonest" will be so soon!!  

Truly, the power of Love and Affection and its aura is so powerful that it can bring the person back!  Probably, its this mystique that gave immense powers to our Yogis and Gurus and added attractions??


No comments:

Post a Comment