Monday, October 10, 2011

Dhoni the Cool guy!

Posted by PicasaI was travelling from Chennai  to Delhi on the 6th October, 2011 by King Fisher Airlines.  I was pleasantly in for a surprise when the Indian Cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his wife walked in to occupy the seats besides!  As a matter of courtesy, we exchanged smiles and a nod of head.  I could not resist to send out an SMS to my son Capt Neeraj who is a commander with King Fisher airlines to tell about Dhoni's presence in the cabin!  He encouraged me to take a picture with the celebrity.  I mustered enough courage to turn to him and talk about cricket and the ongoing T 20 Champions League without going too deep as Dhoni as the captain of Chennai Super Kings had lost the match the previous night and the team was out of the tournament!  Both Dhoni and his wife Sakshi were engrossed in playing cards and were happily smiling and playful.  With much reservation, I requested him and asked if he would like to pose for a picture with me for which he politely replied "after a little while".  I left the topic at that and the journey continued till Delhi.  When the flight landed and passengers were ready to disembark, there was a small crowd of about a dozen from within the plane who surrounded the Cool Dhoni , requested and took photographs with him.  I was quite amused and happy when Dhoni looked at me and signalled to come forward and have a photograph!  I thanked Mr Cool and wished him many more laurels and achievements in the years to come!  After he took the picture with me, he refused further photography as his wife Saakshi was way ahead near the exit gate at the T3 terminal!  He sprinted to join his spouse which was more like a Sixer bouncing out of his Bat during the cricket matches!!  The experience was unique and worth sharing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment