Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hilton Hotel, Janak Puri New Delhi

Hilton New Delhi/Janakpuri Hotel, India - Exterior
This American Hotel was a sight of relief when I discovered its presence while travelling in the Metro rail to Dwarka.  This is the only star hotel of international standards in and around JanakPuri area.
I decided to venture into this hotel to pamper myself with a good ambiance and surrounded with luxuries and amenities.  The Hotel looks absolutely marvellous with good interiors and high class lighting. I went to the lounge bar and was quite amazed with its style and beauty!  For reasons best known to the hotel, there were no imported whiskies or beer which were available.  I had to be content with some local rum and cola!  For a 5 star hotel, i still wonder why they are not able to procure and serve imported liquors?
Later in the evening, I went to the restaurant where I ordered some Indian Breads and curry to go along with. The food preparations were of quality and standards.  The only draw back was that they refused to give a finger-bowl to get rid of those oily feel n your fingers after having eaten Indian food.  When I inquired as to why they are unable to provide a finger bowl, the manager said " Hilton does not follow finger bowl mode".  Instead, they offered me a hot towel, a sparkling white one, which was unusable after I wiped my fingers which were stained with oily residues of masala curry!!  I felt it would have been better if Hilton adopts Indian standards of providing Finger-bowl instead of a hot towel which will save them quite a lot of money on a long term!  Anyways, I got the best value for my money for the 2 hours that I spent in the Hotel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment