Wednesday, May 12, 2010

India- a powerful service center!


My son bought a Sony DSC T200 digital camera from Frankfurt a couple of years back. The camera is awesome aand takes lovely pics.The lock of the battery compartment got broken one day and there was no one to fix it in chennai. When I approached the Sony centre they said the entire casing has to be changed and that it would cost me Rs 2500/-. when we sent a mail to sony corporation, Japan there was no response  and probably the small business did not attract them even to reply?  I enquired with a local techie in Ritchie street who asked me to put a scotch tape in the area and continue using the camera and asked me to check out after 6 months.  Today, I reminded him in the morning and he charged me a flat Rs900/- to replace the casing and the camera is back to its original condition.  I could not but appreciate the capabilities of these untrained engineers who can repair anything and everything at cheaper rates.  Mera Bharat Mahan!!! Jai HO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment