Monday, November 30, 2009

Marina Beach

My friends from Muscat were enthusiastic to go for a walk and stroll on the sands of Marina, last evening. I agreed quite reluctantly as I did not carry a very good impression about the Beach which I visited quite a few years back as there were so many encroachments all over the Beach combined with beggars who would not allow you to go for a walk peacefully!

Surprisingly, the entire scenario was changed as I got myself treated both visually and physically as what I saw was something comparable to that of any beach in the U S?  The entire stretch of Marina was neatly paved for walkers with granite platforms on either side for people to sit and relax and breathe fresh Oxygen in abundance.

Scores of people were walking and I could not see even a single person begging or pestering you for alms! The ugly encroachments all over the Beach were gone except a few which were doing business. Overall, the Beach presented a heavenly look and I and my friends from Muscat enjoyed walking on the beach side.  Pleasant memories are being carried and a decision has been made to visit the beach side whenever time permits for a god walk and rejuvenation!

My friends had all praise for this lovely looking beach which is ranked the second longest beach in the world for all its cleanliness and beauty.  I must register a word of praise for the Chennai Corporation Mayor and the support and backing given by the Deputy C M for what the Beach looks today! 

1 comment: